Jardin de Cactus Lanzarote
Visiting Hours: 10:00 – 16:30
Center closing hours: 17:00
Location: Av. Garafía, 35544 Guatiza, Lanzarote
Average Time to visit 1 Hour
Located in Guatiza, municipality of Teguise, El Jardín de Cactus is the last great work of César Manrique in Lanzarote, a fascinating creation that houses about 4,500 specimens of cactus of about 500 species from five continents.
WHAT TO SEE:
- The Euphorbia Candelabrum: this majestic African plant was the first cactus planted in the garden by César Manrique and his colleagues on January 18, 1989. You will find it in front of the shop, with a height of 6-7 meters.
- The “Cojines de Suegra”: about twenty Mexican specimens that owe their name to their reduced height and a quite particular circular shape.
- The pond, which enriches the work with the symbolic value of water and hosts a variety of orange fish and a charismatic sculpture.
- The inside of the restaurant is full of Manrique’s artistic creations, including a symbolic mural and a very special lighting system with lamps in the shape of cactus leaves.
- The stairs, whose spiral surrounds a hanging structure of old buoys and a framework of rods also related to the imaginary of the cactus.
- The millet mill at the top of the garden, one of the last ones still standing on the island. A look inside will illustrate the art of milling grain – and of course, of good goﬁo (toasted meal) – during the 19th century.
Jardín de Cactus is a peculiar and unique place where you will be able to take fun and original photos. This is a series of places we recommend taking pictures of during your visit: The 8-metre cactus at the entrance. The panoramic view of the garden from the entrance.
A picture at the “asiento de la suegra” cactus, is a must. Ask about it! An interesting fountain located opposite the shop. Manrique’s work outside the toilets. The mural at the coffee shop. Molino de Guatiza.
- Ticket valid for 6 months from date of issue.
- Single use ticket.
- Access to Jardin de Cactus is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The online ticket DOES NOT give priority of entry
- It is not necessary to print the ticket. we will send you the QR code of the ticket and you can show at the Ticket office.
- No prior reservation to visit a Tourist center is required.
Jardin de Cactus Lanzarote is PROPOSED By the Official tourism center here in Lanzarote
Leave a reply